The First stop on our vacation was the Hoover Dam! None of us had ever been there before and we had a day to kill in Vegas with Gibson and thought he would enjoy this the most. And, other than the 120+ degree heat, he did! (It was 127 degrees the day before!) We timed our visit well. We went early in the morning and did not have any traffic problems. As we were leaving, the traffic was backed up over 2 hours to get across the dam! Yuck!

A family photo in front of the dam.

Gibson, acting goofy, in front of the tunnel. We rode an elevator 500+ feet down into the ground!

Looking straight down the wall of the dam.

This is the new bridge they are building - it is AWESOME! It will be open in a few years and it will even have a pedestrian walkway on it. I don't know if I could even THINK about walking across that thing!

Brady eating his HUGE sandwich in the car.
2 comments:
I could hardly look over the side of that dam! It just freaked me out! Neat pictures. I tried to take a picture in the "tunnel" but it didn't turn out too well. I'm glad you went early and too bad about the 120 degree weather-ugh!
wow - i've always wanted to go there and now i am inspired!
Post a Comment