My mom and dad took Gibson and I with them today on a day trip to Preston, Idaho. We had a ball! My dad has family in Preston and it is a place I visited a lot growing up and now we try to get back up there at least once a year. We always make a lot of stops along the way - the cheese factory in Logan, the Pepperidge Farm outlet in Richfield and the fruit stand in Brigham City.

This cemetary is the place where Brady and I found Gibson's name! My great-grandpa's name was Gibson Condie and when we saw it on his tombstone, we fell in love with the name. A few years later, Gibson came along and we were glad he was a boy, because we already had a name picked out.

My dad at the Taco Bus in Preston! He had eaten there before, but it was a new experience for me. I tell you, I'm ready to drive there again tomorrow! YUMMY!

Me and my dad enjoying our tacos. My dad ate his taco faster than I did (I had to pick the onions off first).

Christen and Gibson in "Paul's Pumpkin Patch" at the fruit stand in Brigham City.

A trip to Preston is never complete without doing the "Napoleon Dynamite" tour. This time I took pictures of places that I haven't taken pictures of before. I already have enough pics of Napoleon's house (right down the street from my Aunt Anna's house) and Uncle Rico's van (which is good, since it has since been sold!). This is where they filmed the front shots of the school.

King's store - where Uncle Rico says "Napoleon, you know we can't afford the fun pack. What, do you think money grows on trees in this family? Take it back! And get some Pampers for you and your brother while you're at it." After we got into the store, Gibson said, "I want to go downstairs." I told him that they didn't have a downstairs. After searching for the toys, we finally went to the front of the store and found them.... downstairs! He knew what he was talking about!

The Cuttin Curral! I didn't know this was a real place! AWESOME! "I already get my hair cut at the Cuttin Curral."
3 comments:
It was a fun fun day--and I loved the pumpkins! We are going to enjoy our cheeses, lunchmeats, peaches, cantaloupes, potatoes, apples, and of course, I really big pumpkins that we only paid $3.00 for! They look great on our steps. Did you like your taco??? ha!
what a fun day! i love all of your pictures and the interesting stops you made along the way. i know you are a napoleon dynamite FAN so this kind of a trip must put a smile on your face!
Looks like such a fun adventure.. I love that part of Utah and Idaho. College days... I love the Napoleon pics and stories. Kids can always sniff out toys- good job Gibson!!
Post a Comment