Saturday, March 7, 2009

DISNEYLAND - Day 4

Gibson and I waiting at the entrance to California Adventure. We arrived about 20 minutes early so we could hurry and get to the new Toy Story Midway Mania ride. You can see we are right at the front of the rope. There is absolutely no running allowed once the park opens (the security guard threatened to track down anyone who ran and personally eject them from the park). So we put Gibson in the stroller and I walked as fast as I could. Of course, the ride is at the very back of the park and there are hills and narrow corridors between construction fences. It is quite the race. I was neck in neck with another man pushing a stroller, but we won! The tops of my feet were actually rubbed raw by my crocs from walking so fast.

Brady and Gibson - the first ones on the Toy Story Midway Mania ride! (During the day, the line can be 1-2 hours long, so it's worth the "fast walk" in the morning). We got off and back on 2 more times!
Gibson and Brady on Splash Mountain! We finally don't have to bribe Gibson to go on this ride anymore - he likes is now that he has figured out that he can just put his head under Brady's shirt on the big splash (so he doesn't get wet).
Brady and I are SO grateful that Gibson does not like to visit with the characters at Disneyland - standing in those lines is such a waste of time. But there was no line for Pluto this day and we thought it would be fun to get one picture. Gibson did not like it and Brady had to hold him. (Look at the beautiful flower bed!).

Upon leaving Disneyland, I had to take this video. I just thought it was so beautiful on this trip. The sky was always blue, the trees were in bloom, the flowers were beautiful. Although there's a lot of crowds and it's busy, I actually find it to be peaceful because I'm so happy there! Goodbye Disneyland, until next time!

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

wow - what a GREAT trip. yes, next time...i know there will be a next time.

Colleen said...

The new ride looks awesome and the park is beautiful! What a fun time!

Steph said...

I'm glad you had a great time- I think Gibson is just the perfect age. :)