Monday, August 10, 2009

Kitchen Update - Tile

So I'm getting a lot of flack for not posting kitchen progress. But that's because I've been so busy WORKING ON THE KITCHEN!!! :)

So here's some pics of the tile progress:

The hardest choice I had to make was picking out the tile. I knew what cabinets I wanted, I knew what granite I wanted the first time I saw it. But I just couldn't decide on a tile. So we had to rush and get tile at the last minute and I was forced to make a decision. We went with a Tuscany Travertine in a Versaille pattern and I LOVE IT!!!

We brought home what seemed like hundreds of boxes of tile. However, they did not come with instructions. I had to find a "Versaille" pattern online and then I made this drawing to help us get started. The tile includes 4 different shaped-pieces which fit together in this pattern. It's a good thing we had my drawing, because by 3:00 am we could not figure anything out on our own!


This is the tile when we first laid it down. I numbered the different sized pieces to help us figure out the pattern.

And here's a view of the final tile! The sealant isn't on the tile yet and it will make it seem darker.
If you come over to look at my kitchen, I can point out to you my "favorite" pieces of tile! :)

2 comments:

Steph said...

Looking good! It will be so fun to see the changes.

Rhonda said...

just beautiful!