Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Red Butte Gardens

Today, I was going to take Gibson to Thanksgiving Point Gardens because it is $2 Tuesday. But he wanted to go to Red Butte Gardens instead. That was fine with me -less crowds! And it was nice - we basically had the place to ourselves!

I know Red Butte Gardens backwards and forwards and I took Gibson and his friend Brenna to all of my secret places. They loved it! This is Gibson sitting by the river that you get to using the hidden stairs. Then we went through the "tunnel of trees" and found this secret spot next to the river. There was a great waterfall here, too.


I love this pose on the moose statue!



Gibson and I by the pond.


I've never seen the ducks so aggressive before! They reminded me of the geese at Wheeler Farm!


And, of course, the water fountains in the Children's Garden were the highlight of the visit!

And no trip to a garden is complete without running down a huge hill!

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

looks like you had a GREAT day! glad you were able to go and have the place to yourself!

Steph said...

Fun! I love red butte. Good captures!

Colleen said...

I've never been there but it looks like a great children's place! All those hidden places!