Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day Retreat

Our wonderful friends, Jim, Marie & Wil, invited us on an impromptu trip to their cabin for Labor Day weekend. We had a wonderful time! The weekend was filled with a lot of relaxing, reading, sitting by the fire, drinking, and eating wonderful food! The cabin was by Soldier Creek Reservoir and we went down there on Sunday and played. The storm that hit us on Sunday night was awesome! It was really neat to be up in the mountains and listen to the rain all night. We had a fabulous time! Watson and Sassie - look at their cute tongues hanging out. They had a lot of fun together.
Gibson found this really cute, fuzzy caterpillar.
Gibson LOVED the "tater-totter" :) and convinced most of us to play on it with him (it was hard on the old people's bottoms).
Marie looks like she's having fun!
Wil and Gibson on the "tater-toter".I love this picture of Gibson!We all hopped in the car to shorten the walk to the reservoir! Since it was a really short ride, we just let the kids and dogs get in the very back of the car - they thought that was awesome!We took old chicken bones to the reservoir and used them as bait to fish for crawdads!One of our crawdad catches! (We threw them back in the water).Family Photo!A family portrait of Jim, Marie and Wil!
Brady and Gibson sitting on the bank - they threw a lot of rocks into the water! I LOVE this picture of me and my baby together!

3 comments:

Steph said...

Great pics! I love the tater-totter. I would have ended up calling it the tater-tot by the end of the trip!! I love the family photo of both of you guys..what great neighbors you have there :)

Rhonda said...

nice pictures. that one of gibson is perfect - great expression and it is just set up so well. one for the books!
it looked like a lot of fun and i am glad you could get out of town for a few days.

Colleen said...

Tater-totter! What a nut! What nice friends you have. I love that you got to take Sassy and that she actually had a friend to play with, too!