Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Gibson's First Day of School!!!

Gibson started preschool today - what a big boy! Since it is so close to our house, we just walked there. I didn't even have a chance to say goodbye to him before he had joined the circle of chairs and was making new friends. All he told me about his day was that he "had fun". When I asked him what he did, he said, "I don't know". Typical child reply! As long as he had fun, I guess! Last week, he picked out this outfit to wear to his first day of school - he has never cared about what he wears. But he likes this outfit because he says it makes him look like a "teenager" and a "racquetball player". He was VERY adamant that he wear his tennis shoes and not his flip-flops.

4 comments:

Steph said...

I love it! Makes him look like a teenager and a racquetball player...so cute! I'm glad you are having fun at school Gibson, way to go!

Rhonda said...

that is a sweet story about the tennis shoes over the flip-flops....so interesting how these little people think.
he is right though he looks WAY older than 4 in those shoes - almost 5 i would say.

Colleen said...

He looks happier than Carter did on his first day of school! Ha! He is so tall! I can't believe these boys are so grown up already!

Colleen said...

Forgot to tell you that boys will never talk about school once they are home--it is behind them and they have more important things to think about! It never changes over the years--get used to it!