Last Wednesday, Gibson and I went to the vet to pick up Sassie's medications. While we were waiting, we played with these really cute kittens they had for adoption. Everytime we are at the vet, we always play with the cute cats that they have for adoption and I never think about getting one of them (come on, I already have 4 animals!). But this particular day, this little guy caught my attention. I still had no intention of taking him home, though. But come Thursday, I still couldn't quit thinking about him. And then Gibson asked if he could get the cute kitten. He was on both of our minds. So, against Brady's wishes, we adopted another cat! At first, I kind of regretted it because I wasn't sure if the other animals were going to be okay. My 2 older cats get really stressed and Two was fighting with him. The only one who seemed to like him was Sassie, and he kept swatting her nose with his claws. Brady and I decided to give it the weekend to see how he did. By Sunday, he was a member of the family. He he taken a nap with Brady and Brady said, "he's adopted us now."Baby Girl and Lily Lou still aren't happy about him, but they are okay; they just avoid him. The kitten and Two are best buds now. And the kitten loves Sassie now, too.It took me 10 days to come up with a name for him, but today it just hit me. He is such a talker. The cutest thing is does is "yell" for us if he can't see us. If he's alone, he'll let out this loud meow until he hears my voice calling him. Then he races to me and tries to jump up my leg and you can tell he's saying, "there's my mommy!". So since he is such a talker and always squeaking his little meow, I decided to name him Squeakers.
Gibson LOVES having a kitten in the house again.
This picture shows how little he is - smaller than Brady's hat.
Two and Squeakers - my beautiful black kitties!
Two and Squeakers wrestle with each other all day.

Hmmm... one of these doesn't look like a pair of shoes.

I love it - Squeakers already has to imitate his big brother, Two!

When I bought Sassie a build-a-bear, I didn't know I was getting 2 toys in one! Two and Squeakers played in this box all afternoon! (Notice the paw sticking out of the side of the box!)

4 comments:
Oh my gosh! What a cutie! Makes me want another kittie! Bob would kill me! It is amazing how much alike Squeakers and Two look alike! They will be great friends.
It is funny that both you and Casey are now using Videos on your blogs! Smart girls! I could never figure that stuff out--of course, I would have to have a Video Camera--ha!
what a cutie! avery would LOVE to meet him. glad all is working out and he is adjusting so well into your family.
I love the name! He is so sweet, I was glad to meet him when he was still so tiny! Happy new addition to the family.
Post a Comment