Sunday, June 15, 2008

"Gardening in the Yard" or "Fun in the Sun"!



Look at these peonies!



Two sitting in my tool bag - what a big helper!


We are so excited! We finally "finished" our front yard. All of the major projects that we wanted to do in the front yard are finally complete. We removed all the major trees and stumps that needed to go. We put in the front island, put in the seating area, set up a light post and planted 3 new large trees. The whole project was finally completed last week with the addition of the new curbing! So Brady and I spent all weekend cleaning that up (not an easy task! - you have to remove the excess cement, build the beds back up with dirt and lay new mulch down). Now we just need to get the last backyard project completed (waterfall and dry riverbed) and the yard will be complete after 4+ years in the making!

I think our yard/garden is one of the reasons I love this time of year so much! I just absolutely love sitting outside and enjoying all the beautiful flowers and plants.

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

love the picture of your cat in the garden tools! also, beautiful yard. sounds like you have been busy making improvements for the last several years....it is time to sit back and enjoy!

Steph said...

Looks awesome! I'm not going in my yard anymore after seeing yours... it's been decided.

Colleen said...

Your yard is amazing! I love all the flowers. You will certainly win the Best Kept Yard for Midvale City this year!!! All that hard work has paid off. I like the idea of a pool in the backyard!