Friday, August 15, 2008

Fun at the Farm!

So it has been a few months since we've been to "the farm" (Wheeler Farm). We go there so often that it's not really that big of a deal. But since it had been awhile, it was really fun. It was a nice day because it wasn't very crowded. Which meant that the geese and ducks were actually hungry (they hadn't been overfed with old bread all day). Gibson and I went on a wagon ride (thanks Colleen for the coupons!) and Gibson went on a pony ride (but he calls it a 'horse'). Then we had a picnic. All the animals that were babies in the spring are so big now! Gibson was excited because he got to watch the pigs get hosed down (they loved it!). We also saw a kitty that looked like Two and we saw 2 new additions to the farm - donkeys! All in all, a fun morning at the farm.

Gibson on his pony (horse) ride!
Gibson wanted me to take a picture of him 'right here'. I had to put it on here because the grin on his face is so cute!
You would think the geese never got fed! They ate right out of our hands - I was glad Gibson wasn't afraid of them.

3 comments:

Steph said...

We love the farm,one of the best things about living where we do I think :) YaY!

Rhonda said...

donkeys you say? hmmm. i'll have to check that out. we haven't been since may/june! looked like a fun day!

Colleen said...

I love the donkey ride and those Geese. Sometimes they can be very scary--remember, Christen, when they tried to bite you when you were three years old and you were running and screaming! That was in a park in Idaho Falls!