












Well, I have finally decided to start a blog (Thanks for the idea Steph!)! So I guess we'll start with our last family vacation. May 1 - 4th we visited Arches National Park. We took the trailer and stayed at a fun trailer park, that even had a swimming pool, which is great to come back to after a long day of hiking!
I think Arches is one of the most beautiful places in the world! It just takes my breath away every time and I just can't get enough of it. Beautiful! I love the red rock set against the snow-capped blue mountains, with just a touch of desert greenery. We went at a great time - the weather wasn't too hot and we got to see a lot of desert wildflowers. The first day we hiked the Windows area and Balanced Rock. Friday we hiked to Delicate Arch. It's a 3-mile hike and the way there is completely uphill - and Gibson did great! We also went to Park Avenue that day (and that's where I got the great shot of the bush with yellow wildflowers). I hiked the Park Avenue trail by myself. I was the only one on the one-mile, one-way hike. It was so quiet, it was almost eery. But it was also beautiful and peaceful! On Saturday, we hiked to Landscape Arch, Gibson and I did Skyline Arch and we all went to Sandstone Arch. Gibson loves Sandstone Arch! There is a ton of fine, red sand and he played in it forever. Afterwards, we ended with a tour through the Fiery Furnace. You can only hike in there with a special permit and guide with advanced reservations. It was 2.5 miles and presented a lot of challenges. We had to jump over crevices, walk with our legs on the walls through tiny gaps, shimmy through holes on our stomachs. It was a lot of fun and again, Gibson did great! He hiked a total of 6 miles on Saturday! I think next time he'll be ready for Double O! (A 4.5 mile hike - some of it across fins!).
I think Arches is one of the most beautiful places in the world! It just takes my breath away every time and I just can't get enough of it. Beautiful! I love the red rock set against the snow-capped blue mountains, with just a touch of desert greenery. We went at a great time - the weather wasn't too hot and we got to see a lot of desert wildflowers. The first day we hiked the Windows area and Balanced Rock. Friday we hiked to Delicate Arch. It's a 3-mile hike and the way there is completely uphill - and Gibson did great! We also went to Park Avenue that day (and that's where I got the great shot of the bush with yellow wildflowers). I hiked the Park Avenue trail by myself. I was the only one on the one-mile, one-way hike. It was so quiet, it was almost eery. But it was also beautiful and peaceful! On Saturday, we hiked to Landscape Arch, Gibson and I did Skyline Arch and we all went to Sandstone Arch. Gibson loves Sandstone Arch! There is a ton of fine, red sand and he played in it forever. Afterwards, we ended with a tour through the Fiery Furnace. You can only hike in there with a special permit and guide with advanced reservations. It was 2.5 miles and presented a lot of challenges. We had to jump over crevices, walk with our legs on the walls through tiny gaps, shimmy through holes on our stomachs. It was a lot of fun and again, Gibson did great! He hiked a total of 6 miles on Saturday! I think next time he'll be ready for Double O! (A 4.5 mile hike - some of it across fins!).
1 comment:
We gotta get there!!
Post a Comment