Saturday, November 8, 2008

The Best Birthday Party Ever!

Gibson celebrated his 5th birthday today with a swimming party at the Sports Mall! (I can't believe he's 5!). This party was, hands down, the best party we've had in our 5 years of parties! It was easy, free of stress and a lot of fun for the kids. Plus it combined 2 of Gibson's favorite things: being together with all of his best friends and swimming! Thanks to everybody who came - we appreciated it and had a great time with all of you!

The kids enjoying pizza in the party room! Tyson, Mason, Gibson, Shea and Nicholas.



The other side of the room! Alison, Steph, Alexandra, Rhonda, Brady, John Luke, Tanya, Mason and Brenna.



Gibson chose a "pirates" theme for his birthday and we got this awesome cake! Beside being a cute cake, it was also delicious!



Gibson blowing out his candles - too bad the picture's a little fuzzy.


Gibson obviously enjoyed his cake. (You should have seen his shirt by the time he was finished!
The kid's all had a great time in the pool!

I got in and swam with Gibson - I wasn't going to pass up this opportunity to pretend it was summer!


Rhonda and Stephanie should have worn their suits - they sat right in the splash zone!

3 comments:

Steph said...

This was a super-fun party I agree... All the kids enjoyed it, and it was a healty way to have fun! Love all the pictures, Happy Birthday Gibson- we love you!

Rhonda said...

great party! we had fun and enjoyed hanging out by the pool. happy birthday tomorrow gibson!

Colleen said...

Grandma should have come and swam with you guys! I like to pretend that it is summer, too! Winter has come way too quickly. What a great grandson. I, too, cannot believe his is 5 yrs old! It seems like just yesterday that you gave me your pregnancy test for Mother's Day! Was a great gift! We love you, Gibson!